Wednesday, February 27, 2008

El Tigre

So, I got a phone call at about 1:30 in the morning a few weeks ago...Marcus was at work and rescued a kitty in the snow and wanted to bring him home...despite the fact that he's allergic and we aren't allowed to have kitties here...so now he lives outside. Our upstairs neighbors made him a little box with blankets, and we feed him and play with him, etc. A woman was supposed to come see him and take him home (I posted him on craigslist) but she stood me up the day she was supposed to come, so we decided to keep him...We were going to name him Cliff, but went with Tigre instead...


He's a little cross-eyed...






Don't worry Mom and Dad, we won't make y'all add him to your collection if we bring him to Texas ;)

10 comments:

pauline said...

Well, not all of the pictures came through, but it looks like the cat down the street a bit. If you bring the cat to Texas I know he would love to have two new playmates just his size! T'is a cute kitten. Love, Dad and Mom

Gary Patrick Ricker said...

He resembles Runt...if any of you remember him.

fiona said...

Gary, I was totally going to say that! I think he looks a lot like Runt. He's a cute cross-eyed kitty! Maybe having a cat kind of around will de-allergify (definitely a word) Marcus... Oh, and I think Mom and Dad could use one more not-quite-normal cat...

Rob and Erin said...

Way to go Marcus! Saving a poor defenseless little kitty. I concur on the Runt similarity. What a cute little cat, and how fun to have a feline friend.

pauline said...

HAH.....Fiona!!!

Yes, he is a cute little fella...all the pics are there now... love, Mom (Dad too) xox
p.s. are you sure "he" is a boy?

Tara said...

ha ha, yes, I'm sure he's a boy. Marcus was convinced he was a girl, but he has some extra "stuff" that would dictate otherwise...

zachariah said...

Theres always room for more cats at the Boerne house, what with all the kids gone now.

pauline said...

HAH HAH Zac !!!

Tara said...

I agree, Zac, I think the parents secretly like collecting cats...

Carolyn said...

I thought that was such a fun exchange to read. I love your fam. did anyone else notice that they have the same enthusiasm for changing the date on the camera as me.