Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St Patrick's Day!!



Well, I decided that someone should do a St Patrick's Day post. Unfortunately, I have nothing exciting to report for the day. I hope that everyone remembered to wear green...that is, of course, very important. Here is a Wiki article on St Patrick, just to refresh your memories. Technically, it is no longer St Patrick's Day here in Brussels, but we'll let that slide. The day did provide me with an excellent excuse to wear my favourite green shoes. They have been retired from regular use, as they are falling apart, but St Patrick's Day gave them a bit of a reprieve. I will include, in this thrilling post, a picture or two from my most recent trip to Ireland, as it seems fitting (also, I am wearing exactly the same thing in the pictures as I wore for St Patrick's Day).

7 comments:

smiley said...

bellas fotos!!! saludos desde venezuela

Rob and Erin said...

Very nice pictures Gary! That cliff one, well, the one where you're sitting on the very edge, looks pretty scary! I'm wearing lots of green too, so are Rob, Liam, Brigit and Colin. Colin actually got to wear Liam's old leprechaun costume. Anyway, thanks for posting, the cookies were getting a little stale. No offense Tara ;0) Love you! See you soon!!

fiona said...

Yay! a Gary post! I'm glad you did a St. Patrick's Day post, I was thinking SOMEONE should...Those are great Ireland pictures. Thanks for finally posting some :D And so sad that your fantabulous green shoes are semi-retired, haha! We wore green too, of course. Nuala had to wear an orange top with green shorts, though, cause her green, Irish-y shirt is dirty. So she looked Catholic-y and Protestant-y. Which obviously St Patrick's Day is all about the Catholics, so don't tell... And Erin, what about showing off the newest little leprechaun??

pauline said...

Hi son! That was great....and you look good in green. I guess the shoes had to wear out eventually... but you got a lot out of them! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Tara said...

I'm sad to hear that the green shoes are still in existence...

Gary Patrick Ricker said...

Those green shoes are possibly the greatest clothing-related purchase I ever made. I'm still searching for an adequate replacement. But, seeing as I have had them for three + years, I guess that I've gotten pretty good value out of them (cost about 15 dollars, depending on what the exchange rate was). Glad y'all liked the pictures. It's one of my favourite places to visit in Ireland, and the 'edge of the cliff' picture is near the top of my list of 'all time best' pictures. Hopefully I can go back soon, although, I am more interested in finally getting up to Donegal.

Aislinn said...

Yay! I didn't know this post was here. I haven't checked the family blog in a bit, obviously. ;o) You do know that you were two days late, right? St. Patrick's day was 3/15 this year...

;o)