Thursday, June 26, 2008

His Last Stand...



So, This morning, Marcus and I were randomly discussing General Custer, and trying to decide where his last stand took place. I was way off, guessing the Arizona or New Mexico region (I think I got that idea from a Louis L'Amour book DAD!) while Marc thought it was farther north, in the plains area. So, of course, we googled it, and found out that it happened exactly 132 years ago TODAY!! Well, yesterday and today, in June of 1876. I would type more about what happened, but that would probably take a while, so I'm just going to post a link to wikipedia! So, click here to find out more about General Custer and his last stand at Little Big Horn.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Also, I just realized who that picture reminds me of! Anyone? It's Gary! It reminds me of how Gary always does poses where he's trying to look pensive, or look off in the distance...

Rob and Erin said...

Totally a Gary pose! That's hilarious. Poor General Custer. I always felt so badly for him, and the soldiers with him and the Indians too. I guess really, it was a lose-lose-lose situation. Also, how random that you would just happen to be discussing it on the anniversary!

fiona said...

Haha! Just get Gary one of those cool hats and they could be twins! Also, interesting that you looked it up on the anniversary, way to be in tune with the universe. AND, way to keep the Ricker blog clinging to life...I need to give Mom a refresher lesson. AAAND, I always think of that Far Side cartoon when Custer's last stand comes up. The one where everyone freezes in the middle of the battle to wait for the hornet to settle down...oh, haha!!

lanebabic said...

BetMGM to open online poker room in West Virginia
The BetMGM Poker Room in 포천 출장안마 West Virginia will host first-ever online 충주 출장안마 poker tournaments in West Virginia. The poker room will be the 통영 출장샵 first 부산광역 출장안마 in 의정부 출장안마 the state to be