Sunday, December 2, 2007

Blessing Day!!!

Today Colin received his name and blessing at church. It was a wonderful blessing and he behaved sweetly the whole time. Wish we could say the same for Liam and Brigit! No, they did okay too. Grandma Spray made his hat and jacket and booties. Grandma Smith made the little afghan he is snuggled into. He's also wearing a cute little white one piece sweater underneath that Rob wore for his blessing. (Liam wore the jacket and hat and pants for his too.)





Here's a sibling shot. Brigit loves holding Colin. She's always asking to hold him. This has become her corner of the couch for holding "Baby Ca". Liam is a big helper. He brings us diapers, wipees, shoes, socks, boppies, anything - you name it!








In other exciting news, Colin got asked to play the part of Baby Jesus in the ward Nativity scene. He was an angel the whole time. He fell asleep shortly after I gave him to Mary (Mackenzie Waters). We received many compliments on his performance. I am currently acting as his agent. Rob is handling publicity and Liam has headed up the fan club with Brigit as his assistant. We have begun calling him Collywood.
On a more reverent note, it was really sweet to see a real baby in the scene. Brigit kept pulling on my arm to get me to go get him back. She and Liam took turns guarding him by the stage. I wish we had a shot of her with her little angel wings perched on the edge of the stage watching Colin. We got one of Liam taking his shift. Liam also sang in the primary choir. I heard his Hosanna all the way in the back!






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Erin, Rob, Liam, Brigit, and baby Ca....... those pictures are soo precious! We love the one of the three of them on the couch, and Liam is holding Brigit's hand! They are beautiful. We enjoyed the written parts too.... wish we could've been there... I can't believe how big and smiley little Colin is by now. We made all the pics big so we got a good look at them. Thanks for posting them all....sounds like you had a fun and fulfilling time at the Christmas party ... Love, Mom & Dad xox

Anonymous said...

sorry, I forgot to say how gorgeous we thought Colin looked in all his white outfits...that's nice he was wearing part of his Dad's too! Love you xox

TnT Brog said...

It is so great to see our sweet little Colin Boy all dressed up for his special day.Wish we could have been there!
All of our little ones are so cute and dressed up for the Christmas Nativity. They are just priceless.
We feel so blessed.
Thanks for the pictures!
Love to all,
Grammy and Grampa
Terry and Teresa

fiona said...

He is so adorable in his little blessing outfit, and his little smile! It all looks so cozy for December...The sibling shot is too cute, also, Liam's big grin! And Brigit looks so much like you, Erin! That is awesome that Colin was Baby Jesus, I wish we could've been there! Good ol' Chantilly Ward Christmas Program...was Austin Tenny Joseph? I can't tell... B is such a cute little angel, she looks so sturdy. I love that she wanted you to get C back, and that the two of them took turns keeping watch. And, ha!! "Collywood!" That's classic. I can't wait to see all y'all in a few weeks :)

Tara said...

Wow, what cute children! That's so cool that Colin got to play baby Jesus, the pictures of them all were so adorable. I can't believe how big Brigit is now! I'm so excited to see them all soon. (and you too Erin and Rob!)

JnR said...

That's Liam???? He's so big! And Brigit too! Okay and Colin! I can't believe how big everyone is getting, they are all so sweet and cute, we miss y'all and wish we could see y'all again. Have a great Christmas:) Love Jeremy and Roshelle:):):)

Matthias said...

Hallo Mr. and Mrs.Rickers,
this is a fine site.You have a nice family.
But why will I write this words on your page???
OK - my name is Matthias (Matthew) Rickers.I was born and live in the north western part of germany, near the neatherlands border.
The name of the town where I live is Stadtlohn - there will live in the moment 25000 people.
The next bigger city eastwards from Stadtlohn is Münster,and the next bigger city on the neatherlands site, is a city with the name Enschede!!! - 20 miles away from Stadtlohn.
The Rickers live since 600 years in this my town!!!!!!!!!!
Iam 51 years young))))OOOOHHHH
My women and I have a very nice shoeshop.
When you are interested in our history, please answerme
Here my mail adress:
Matthias@hornhues-schuhe.de
sincerly
M.Rickers