Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tara and Marcus: The Wedding...

Boy, we Boerne Rickers sure are spotty posters!! But, Mom has an excuse (kind of...) since having a broken wrist is not very conducive to typing. We all had so much fun at Tara and Marcus's wedding! I guess this post isn't really about the wedding itself...I really don't have very many pictures from that, but it was gorgeous and the happy couple looked great. We're excited to have Marcus in the family, he seems like a great guy, and will be a welcome addition to the BIL team...they need all the help they can get! (haha ;) It was wonderful to see everyone, we hafta start coordinating like this all the time, so everyone can be home at the same time. So, Dad, if you could start working on converting the garage to another couple of bedrooms...maybe throw a bathroom in there...

Here are a few of our pics from the visit (sorry I couldn't put up a picture of everyone, I still love all of you!):


Awww...baby Tooks...the one who brought us all together. This is after the wedding, before the reception. She wanted to dress comfortably, but was watching out for her hair and that gorgeous tiara!

The girls eating. What's new... and, just in case you missed it, Mom's cast on display.

Even with the cast, she could still snuggle tired babies.

Gary in his very cool hat. Nuala thinks he is quite handsome.

Cute "triplets" :) I tried to de-red-eye Nuala and Rowan, but in this picture they ended up looking really creepy...so red-eyes it is!

Here is a Brigit encounter, Before and After...

In Brigit's defense, she knew this was Bran's blanket and was trying to rescue it from Nuala!

And Mom and Dad, so cute and green...you'd almost think it was St. Patrick's Day!

Oh, we had such a wonderful time -- puke, diarrhea, and all! Yeah, we're a pretty awesome family... ;) Maybe some other wedding pictures can find their way onto the blog...? hint, hint...

5 comments:

pauline said...

hi there....hello, anyone there?.... I guess this is a "hi" to you Fiona, for all your hard work posting on this family blog...I am thoroughly ashamed of myself for not doing it at all...I am in the rut of "if it's not something I do at least occasionally, I convince myself that I don't know how" ..... thank you for posting those cute pics...I lol at the Brigit and poor Nuala ones of course :) :) :) It'd take you to have good action pics available...never mind trying to console crying child, just get the pic !!! Good call!
I am using the excuse that I have this annoying (but probably very helpful) cast on my arm/hand still...for anything I can't/don't get to.... it was really really nice to note some activity on the family blog indeed (I don't think anyone looks at it though :( )
love you all, Mom (and Dad too....who doesn't have a "hand" problem excuse for not posting anything, hmmm)

RondaJo said...

I just wanted to say: Congrats Tara and Marcus! You made such a beautiful bride, Tara (not that I expected otherwise).

zachariah said...

Did I call it or what?!? When Tara got to Seattle last summer we were there visiting my family and she came over for a barbecue... I told everybody she was just there to meet guys... well look where it ended her...

Tara said...

I guess that just goes to show that I need to start listening to you more, Zac...

Unknown said...

These are all lovely pictures after the wedding, and it’s nice to see that you guys got to enjoy such a wonderful family time with each other. The one thing I love about weddings is that it always unites families. I’m also eagerly waiting for my cousin’s wedding next month at one of the beautiful LA event venues.