Friday, September 21, 2007

2007 Road Trip

Pauline and her friends, Margaret and Tom Halpenny at their home in Sierra Madre.


Pauline outside the Temple in San Diego, this Temple has an Atruim on the top floor under the Angel Moroni, it is a beautiful Temple.



One of two baby gorillas at the San Diego Zoo. Guess who we thought of?

Tara trying on a wedding dress, at the price, that is all she is doing! Next time we will try to get her to stand up staight!



Obviously these pictures are out of order, but for the first time, it is enough.


Dad with Pauline's cousins on the street of China Town in San Francisco.


Fantasy Land and the Mary Poppins group at Disneyland! Behind us on the left.


It was nice of Mickey to invite us into his house. Didn't get to spend much time with him. He was filming a new epic!

We had a great road trip which included some of Utah, Nevada, and California (and, on the way home to Texas, went thru Arizona & New Mexico). We visited family & friends along the way....first, we took Tara back to BYU, and Marcus caravaned with us too. Then we visited Valerie & Dick in Sparks; Eleanor, Mary Kay, & Roberta & Roy in San Francisco; Charite in (near) Los Angeles; Margaret & Tom in Sierra Madre; and Donna in Oceanside. We went to the Los Angeles & the San Diego Temples....so beautiful! We also made a little visit to Disneyland, and also the San Diego Zoo.

10 comments:

fiona said...

Look at you two off gallivanting in your golden years ;) These are great pictures! Your trip sounds like sooo much fun! The San Diego Temple sure is gorgeous, I'd love to go there sometime -- and San Francisco, as well...very cool Chinatown :) And I almost didn't recognize Tara...then I turned my head to the side, and sure enough, it's her! ;) You look beautiful, Tooks! I don't know about the gorillas...did you think of Erin when she was little? And I'm glad you had such fun at Disneyland, I hope Dad had a little autograph book to collect Mickey, etc.'s signatures. It would be wonderful to see A.Darlene and A.Jean in person, but the pic is nice, too! Hmmm...I always leave way-long comments...thanks for posting the pictures, they're great, and see, wasn't it easy?! Love, F

Tara said...

Those are cool pictures, I hope my life isn't as difficult as y'all's when I get old...and just so you know Fiona, that dress cost like, $875.00...so that won't be the one I'm getting...;)

Rob and Erin said...

Wow guys! Those are some great pictures. I love the shot you got of the San Diego Temple, and it's nice to see all the cousins and friends and such too. Love you!

Rob and Erin said...

No, they didn't think of Erin when she was little. They were obviously referencing the pet gorilla song from years past.

fiona said...

Oh. Never mind...just those CHEEKS Erin had...the song was my second guess...:P

Aislinn said...

Yeah, thanks Fiona for setting such a high standard on comment leaving! Couldn't ya keep it short so the rest of don't feel pressured to wax so eloquent? ;p

Hmm...I don't know. I think the gorilla reference is about Marcus...you know how Dad is about all the new men in the family. ;p

Great pictures, Mom and Dad! The temple is so lovely and the atrium sounds beautiful!

Tara you are stunning in that pic! You defintely need to find a cheap knockoff of something similar!

Tara said...

umm, I thought the gorilla comment was referencing Fiona, actually. You know how Mom always says that Fiona was like a little monkey when she was little because she climbed on everything.

fiona said...

Wow, apparently that was not a very clear joke, M&D! Monkeys are way different from gorillas, Tara :P Well, kinda...and actually a certain someone's "special friend" did cross my mind. Driving past the huge inflatable gorilla on the way to S. Padre...haha! Remember that?! (and, when I was talking about Erin's cheeks, I meant the ones on her face, MOM!)

Anonymous said...

Ah, children, what great memories you brought up with your comments. Perhaps I can enlighten you as to my meaning. First, the comment of Tara standing up straight was simply a reference to the fact that next time I post pictures, I will rotate them before posting. Second, when Mom and I viewed the baby gorillas, we simple thought, "how cute" which in that context would decribed each of you and each grandchild. However, I just threw that comment it to see what reaction it would invoke. I must say, we have enjoyed the comments and the trip down memory lane, hope y'all have too. Love ya, Dad (and Mom,too) This thing is crazy, so I will post as anonymous!

Gary Patrick Ricker said...

Looks like y'all had fun.